Hazards of the job – How Salon Manager froze to death while trapped in a cryochamber

A 24 year old Salon Manager in Nevada has died after being accidentally trapped in a cryochamber with temperatures plummeting to -24 degrees Fahrenheit according to Daily Mail Online. Cryotherapy is an alternative to cold-water immersion or ice packs, however, the machines are typically not used for more than three minutes at a time for fear of the high chances of freezing.

2DBCEE7700000578-3287872-Cryotherapy_is_an_alternative_to_cold_water_immersion_or_ice_pac-a-20_14457106274562DBCEE1700000578-0-image-a-11_1445707933385

According to the NBC, Chelsea Ake, the manager of Rejuvenice in Henderson, Nevada was found dead inside the cryochamber by her work colleagues. It is assumed by investigators that she had gone ahead to use the machine without any assistance, as she was the last one left in the salon that day, and may have suffocated inside the chamber. Authorities from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration believe she must have been in the chamber for over 10 hours! Unfortunately, no one will ever know what happened to Chelsea as there were no CCTV’s operational in that section of the salon.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s